Jeep Tour K2 Trek Snow Capped High Mountains Valley Travel
dramatic weeks of trekking through the ice-strewn terrain of the stunning
· After breakfast in Skardu, travel 63 miles by jeep (approximately 7 hours) to Askole, at an altitude of 3030m, the last village before the trek.
Pass through a rock gap, cross the Biafo Glacier and
then, onward to Johla, the camp near the
Early morning start to cross the river using the
· Porters guide the team up onto Baltaro glacier and along the barely discernable trails towards the ridge of the glacier. From the ridge, descend to wade across a small stream to reach the Khoborz camp.
An easier trek along this part of the glacier, then
climb up a small, green slope to reach Urdukas, a camp situated under the
Urdukas peaks. Here there are views of the
· Rest day at Urdukas to acclimatise to the altitude 4062m.
Continue across the Baltaro glacier, pass under
· A long walk to the point known as Concordia (at 4687m) and a view of K2, Broad Peak, the Golden Throne and the other peaks of the Inner Sanctum. The hikers Holy Grail: awesome views of the highest concentration of 8000m peaks on Earth prelude to K2, second highest in the world
Explore the area for a couple of days with options
to: hike up the Godwin Austin glacier to the base camp of K2; or, head
towards Chogolisa where
· Return trek to Goro, Urdukas, Paiju, through to Johla and Skardu
· Alternatively: depending on weather conditions and the strength of team, return through Gondogoro La for professional ascend.
K2 Concordia Expedition
a 14 days trek. KJTI offers the following options for
The Paramount Tour : 49 Days 28 days jeep trek, Polo Match, 14 days K2 trek and 7 days China Tour
Grand Tour : 35 Days
21 days jeep trek and 14
K2 and Concordia Trek : 25 Days
11 days jeep
trek and 14 days
All these tours include Jeep trek to the
Adventure Travel in North
KJTI does not itself book flights but can recommend an ATOL agent. The flight price is normally £499 + Taxes.
Click any image to enlarge